silas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

harry

BCUK Test Account
Jun 18, 2003
UK
Welcome to the best site on the web :biggthump what sort of stuff do you photograph?

silas

Nov 23, 2003
Staffordshire
Thanks for your welcome!

I have done very little bushcraft since I was a late teenager/early twenties (i am now rapidly approaching the big 50), but I recently just had an urge to own a good knife and read somewhere about the Ray Mears one, so I did a google search, trying to find some information about it and came across your site. I read the review on the Ray Mears one and then looked at the review on the Lapp Pukko. I ordered a Lapp Pukko the same day and I had it two days later, even though they could not possibly have cleared my cheque. Service or what!!. I am delighted with my purchase, so thanks for a good review. I was rather surprised to find packed with my new purchase, one of your 'Bushcraft' business cards - do you have some connection with them?

I photograph professionally, which means that I rearly take pictures for my own pleasure. Daft I know, but when it is your job, you don't tend to do much of it in your spare time. I photograph almost everything, Advertising and pack shot stuff, freelance press work, wedding and portraits, magazene comissions etc. ( If you need anything doing, let me know).

I have enjoyed what I have seen on your site up to now, I will keep looking!

PS I am in the market for a new pair of walking / hiking trousers, any reccomendations?

Silas

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Great to have you here silas and don't worry about approaching the big 50, it come to all of us.........mind you, I'm still in my prime!..........honestly.

Look forward to your input.
Kind regards.

Jack.

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
Silas,
I use old army lightweights for hiking and all outdoor stuff really. They're comfortable and really cheap. Can't be beaten really, well not for that money.

silas

Nov 23, 2003
Staffordshire
Funnily enough... I just bought two pairs mail order just for doing the garden in etc and I am well impressed! The quality is amazing very comfortable and look to be hardwearing and at £7.00 a pair you can't really go wrong.

Now, if it wasn't for those funny big button down belt loops.....

Silas

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
welcome silas!!

how are you getting along with your lapp puukko??

tony gave me a load of his business cards to put on my stand at the wilderness gathering show and i still have loads left so i'm getting rid of them by putting one in with every knife :lol:

i cant recomened this place enough anything you want to know you can ask here and somone will be on hand to provide you with answers

I like you read the review for the lapp puukko on this site and bought one (actually i meant to buy one but got carried away and bought a wolverine)

so impressed with it was i that i set up kellam knives in the UK!! :shock:

and the reveiw was changed from saying "unfortunatly these are not available in the UK" to "available from kellam knives uk"

silas

Nov 23, 2003
Staffordshire
I haven't really had much chance to use the knike yet, but I am well impressed with it. I like the carbon blade as I don't like the 'flash' of stainless steel. I like the signature on the blade, it feels right in my hand and the wood is lovley. I also like the sheath style.

Great value for money.

Silas

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE