Sil-MiniPeak (2013) (Small review/pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lathe dog

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2010
Middlesex
Seam seal the lot when it is new- you'll be glad you did- it is only a 3 season tent though- worth remembering when the weather turns really nasty- out comes the Nammatj 2GT :camping:
and replace those tiny ring thingies (technical term!) as 2 of mine split in half 1st time up! sheesh-

Many thanks.

Don't think mine came with any seam sealer?

Along with the garish pegs (which I'll be replacing) I had a Yellow tube of seam sealer and small application brush with mine.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Look in the corners you'll see them.
I dumped the seam sealant which came with it is of very poor quality. I use SilNet - good stuff!

Oh you mean the rings that hold the nest in place? Been out twice with it now and mine have lasted. Or do you mean the webbing outside that holds onto pegs?

Been looking at getting some of that SilNet myself :)

lathe dog

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2010
Middlesex
Look in the corners you'll see them.
I dumped the seam sealant which came with it is of very poor quality. I use SilNet - good stuff!
+1 on dumping the pegs as well for titanium pins and 'V's

I'll have to get some Silnet, the pegs have been changed for some Vargo titanium tent nails and I've got a walking pole extender on order for the pole.

I've been looking for the triangle thingies for the corner pegging points, I've found something very similar ( used in kite making ) but can't find them for sale anywhere here or abroad...........:surrender:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
I'll have to get some Silnet, the pegs have been changed for some Vargo titanium tent nails and I've got a walking pole extender on order for the pole.

I've been looking for the triangle thingies for the corner pegging points, I've found something very similar ( used in kite making ) but can't find them for sale anywhere here or abroad...........:surrender:

Yup, First thing I did was drop the horrendous pegs you get with it in favor of some Alpkit titanium v-pegs.

I did look about for some trianglular rings but not come across any decent/suitable ones. If I do I'll let you know.

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
been really fancying one of these tents, but they seem to be having stock issues and they may even be discontinued can anyone enlighten me on where to get one in the UK?

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Had one of these for about 18 months now and really rate it. I set it up with a single walking pole and never use the inner. the space is excellent - especially the headroom. Light and easy to stow; swallows the gear; and has withstood some pretty windy and wet conditions.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
been really fancying one of these tents, but they seem to be having stock issues and they may even be discontinued can anyone enlighten me on where to get one in the UK?

I think its been replaced by the hex peak at BPL. The new hex peak is a tad bigger than the mini iirc
I'v got the sil-mini peak bought off here and i think its a cracking little tent for the money and can be used in some pretty bad weather. I'd call it 3 season+

the fly only is near as damn it the same weight and pack size as an issue bivvy bag....i know which i'd rather sleep in

Podcast Bob

Right this is the story.

First came the PU Coated Mini Peak, which was popular.

Then came the PU Mini Peak and the Sil Mini Peak, both of which were popular.

Then Michael decided last year to stop the Sil version and update the PU Coated version.

Now he tells me, he is working on a new version of the Sil Mini Peak, which should appear next Spring.

Don't ask me what the differences are. I've made suggestions and I will only know when when they get here. :)

But that, like most things Luxe do, may change!!

They are a great little company run by an enthusiastic outdoors guy, but somethings things get lost in translation. His English is much better than my Cantonese.

PS: For those spotting the pegs in the ground in the video, please give me a break. It makes it quicker to make videos when you are on your own trying to do it all :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE