Shropshire Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pioneer72

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2016
Shropshire
From searching the forum it seems that there used to be a small group of Shroppies who met up, but the group appears to be sleeping :sleeping:

So I just thought about 're-kindling' it, excuse the pun :)

Post here if you could be interested in occasional meets, or send me a pm.

I don't have access to suitable woodland for bushcraft camps, but am on the lookout for a suitable location if you might know of any where permission can be sought from the owner.

:camping:

Last edited:

Pioneer72

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2016
Shropshire
Hmm ok not a lot folks from green and pleasant Shropshire around :(

Maybe I should widen the area to include the neighbouring counties - anyone want to be an honorary Shroppie? :)

I am from the Midlands but have a caravan based in Wentnor so would be interested in a possible meet. At the moment I am waiting for a local farmer from Rattlinghope to try and help with some wild camp permissions, just waiting for his CCTV to need another service so I can push him a little. Atb.

Will1

Sep 4, 2013
Aberystwyth
I'm in North Shropshire, I'd probably be able to sort out access to a 10acre wooded site for some rough camping / bushcrafting if anyone in the Shropshire area is interested. I used to have a tent and I still have a sleeping mat and am a keen firestarter - ha ha - but really, I'm not very experienced in bushcraftyness.

Pioneer72

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2016
Shropshire
Experience doesn't really matter - being interested in it is enough :)

A favourite pastime of people with any bushcraft knowledge is to tell other people about it

whether these other people wanted to know or not ;)

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I remember the group, Shropshire Survivors was it, summat like that? I could be interested.

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
Well things have progressed since then.
There are now 3 of us as full timers and a few folks who come occasionally.
We take our wives and kids too but not all the time.
If anyone is interested then drop me a line.
We don't have anywhere permanent but do use the same places time and again and everyone is happy.
Oh, we also do a bit of kayaking on the river Severn and river teme around Ludlow and Bridgnorth and did a 3 day expedition down the river Wye in September.
Screenshot_20170619-182746.jpg

Reactions: CLEM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE