Show your Kuksas!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pwb

Here's two knobbly kuskas I made awhile back.

DSC01560Small.jpg

DSC01561Small.jpg

DSC01894Small.jpg

DSC01893Small.jpg

Like the way you have to follow the natural lines around the faults etc. makes them a little different looking never know how one might turn out.

I had a nice bit of hawthorn, unfortunately it split all over before I even started on it :(.

Pete.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Here's two knobbly kuskas I made awhile back.

DSC01560Small.jpg

DSC01561Small.jpg

DSC01894Small.jpg

DSC01893Small.jpg

Like the way you have to follow the natural lines around the faults etc. makes them a little different looking never know how one might turn out.

I had a nice bit of hawthorn, unfortunately it split all over before I even started on it :(.

Pete.

That first one is superb ( the other is too but that one's just that bit more. Deeper and narrower than the norm.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Sorry I don't have a completed one yet...but one in progress.

michaelsknifedone6455.jpg

Big Leaf Maple burl. (The one in the background I did not carve, but was a gift from a friend)

Puub....that is some fine work.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
This one was half finished when i took this photo, still is :eek: Made the mistake of trying it, it worked so it stayed that way :)

quaich.jpg

Its Cherry by the way. It was dead standing so it was like carving marble. Nice wood though will have to try a bow from it.

Taffy63

Forager
May 18, 2009
Vale of Glamorgan
A bit slow to post I know but here is a noggin I carved a little while back. It is made from an Ash burl and I used hot coals and a spoon knife to hollow it out and then finished with tung oil. I love all the other work on this thread there are lots of talented people here, it's an inspiration!
IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I have not made from a burr but have made some

First in willow

Kuksa3.jpg

Second in Birch based on comercial style

Birchkuksa2.jpg

Third in Birch more tradional style at least my take on it I gave this one away.

SecondBirchkuksa2.jpg

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
A kuksa is going to be my next bushcrafty "first". I just haven't gone out recently and found a good hunk of wood. I'm hoping I can get something at least partially as good as the ones I've seen on here.

Jan 14, 2007
nairn
Is it best to carve with the wood green or sesoned,I've just got a couple of nice birch logs after the bad weather of late. I tryed last year to carve from green but it cracked along the grain I think it dried to quickly as we had a few hot days. It's now full of lard and bird seed in a tree in the back garden. Can any body help I realy don't need any more feeders

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Some lovely work here. I particularly like Taffy's nogin with the little hole. I have not taken a photo's recently so these have all been posted here before. We have been carving quite a few recently and I think they have moved on a bit, will try to do some photos. For those that don't know these are rough carved by me and finished and refined by Nicola (Dr Spoon)
P1010188.jpg

P1010191.jpg

IMG_6721.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

These are not ours but were done by students on a spooncarving course last year.
P1010106.jpg

P1010111.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE