Show Us Your Lanterns. (the thread formerly known as: -Northern Lights Lanterns -UCO)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You could, those ones are from the web, in the past I've used rush, string, zippo wicks, there was a bit about cotton mop heads else where. For fuel veg oil, rendered fat, fish oil, lard. They are pretty and the shell helps reflect the light. The best thing though is eating the scallopsYumYum. Most curved or spiral shells will do, big whelks, mussels, razors . White shells reflect a bit more light.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cheers for that Unc. Jusht need to finnishshs all these ikle bottles of vine... Hic!

Here's a thread from a while back on making a caveman scallop lamp. LINK

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's a nice lantern Twodogs, are the clear panels glass or plastic? Gives a nice period feel when your reading that Flashman novel I'll bet.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Some lovely lanterns you guys have. This is my Eltrex Firefly...

2b04ae11-711a-4c89-b2a5-5bb204aa9089_zpsd1c4b00f.jpg
e9286661-647e-4d90-93d6-1aef5e2003da_zpsba0621aa.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's lovely Copperhread, I'd hide it from Cameron or he'll have it. You had it long? I don't know anything about them.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh the big guns are coming out now:D I'll have to buy fuel (ran out:() to show some of mine lit. Is it new or are you very tidy with it?

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
That's lovely Copperhread, I'd hide it from Cameron or he'll have it. You had it long? I don't know anything about them.

Got it about 5 years ago from a recommendation on here (Maybe British Red's?), sadly discontinued now but they can run UCO candles in a similar manner with the spring also works with tea lights and it came with a paraffin burner insert. All for £6!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Got it about 5 years ago from a recommendation on here (Maybe British Red's?), sadly discontinued now but they can run UCO candles in a similar manner with the spring also works with tea lights and it came with a paraffin burner insert. All for £6!

Bargain, Has a really nice almost miners lamp feel to it.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Oh the big guns are coming out now:D I'll have to buy fuel (ran out:() to show some of mine lit. Is it new or are you very tidy with it?

It was new but hasn't seen much use over the past five years or so. I bought it to light some 'temporary housing' at my place in Scotland expecting mains power out to the place would take a month or so, however I bumped into an old mate who helped me out and I had power on the second day.

:)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE