Show Us Your Deval Bushcrafters...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
After reading the boards the last few days, and searching about to find out what is going on. It seems there are a Hell of a lot more Deval bushies being commissioned by people than I realised. So being spurred on by my partner in crime, I'm opening this thread as I want to see what people have. But more importantly, I want to see them out there in the field being used in epic adventures.

Alfredo already has a video up on Youtube, but lets see some more :)

I'm also offering a Silva Compass 15 TDCL in a Ray Mears leather compass case all as new to the person that shows their knife in some superb location, or doing something brilliant. Comp will close on Sunday 15 July. Voting will be carried out by members via a poll over a week from that date on both here and BB.

I'll start it off with the Daddy of Devals on one of the original drawings, and with the subject of my day job...

03Mar2010-1.jpg

DSC07622.jpg

And the latest although 3/4 finished presentation jobby...

006.jpg

007-1.jpg

Last edited:

mrdaviemac

Jan 4, 2010
Perth. Scotland
What a beautiful adder. Where I live in Perthshire, the hills used to be plastered with adders but have been on the decline in recent years. Have also picked up a very friendly slow worm at the side of a main road in the highlands. I would love to venture somewhere in the warmer climes of England and see snakes in the wild once more.
Oh, the deval is quite nice too!!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
What a beautiful adder. Where I live in Perthshire, the hills used to be plastered with adders but have been on the decline in recent years. Have also picked up a very friendly slow worm at the side of a main road in the highlands. I would love to venture somewhere in the warmer climes of England and see snakes in the wild once more.
Oh, the deval is quite nice too!!

C'mon, get yer camera out.

mrdaviemac

Jan 4, 2010
Perth. Scotland
Well, here goes!
Todays task was to clear a path through some wind blown softwood trees, to allow access through a woodland. I jumped in the Landy and set off across country to the fallen timber. When I went into the back of the Landy, I was shocked to see a space where the Husqvarna 272XP normally lives. S**t, I thought, I have left the chainsaw at home. Oh, well. I still have my trust Deval bushie by my side.
The pics that follow are of the short work that the excellently crafted Stu Mitchell/Jonathan Deval knife made of the Scots softwood trees, and not my Husky chainsaw as witnesses would have you believe!!

This ones for you J.D!!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 76
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 34

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE