Show me your faithful EDC

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
Time to get down to the stores for a new lid @Athos, that is almost threadbare - it's clearly seen alot of brushing over the years ;) similar to mine (albeit different Service)
Just saving the taxpayers money. I think it’s only the salt, oil and grease holding it together!

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Some of the things I may carry on a daily basis. I tend to carry a locking knife when on my own property and use it in the workshop or garden. Slip joints get carried outside, so every day will see me carry both.
Left to right: Spyderco UKPK in S110V, Lion Steel Best Man, Lion Steel Thrill, Ritter Griptilian in M390.

IMG_4214.JPG

I also carry a SAK Camper that has been with me for about 36 years, long enough that the Victorinox shield has worn nearly completely smooth!

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
My-2nd-Millie-52100.jpg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
@C_Claycomb

How you finding the Bestman Chris? It’s one I keep admiring time and again. Italians do have style :cool:

Change of pace for me today, its not a faithful edc like the UKPK or Urban, or a Benchmade Griptilian, or the old friend, Spyderco Tenacious. I nabbed a Millie, and it’s much bigger than I remember. I’m loving it

4F460391-D926-4ACD-A4D7-0C0B1F753727.jpeg

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
@Nice65
I am enjoying the Bestman. There is a sense of nostalgia in that it reminds me of the Uncle Henry Stockman that my grandfather always carried. It is a bit smaller than the Thrill, and lower key, and I am carrying it to the office these days. I used to office carry my Boker Plus Techtool1, and that is still a fine knife, but the Best Man is better steel and nicer built.

The Best Man has a stronger spring action than the Thrill, which I like. Isn't slippery in the hand either. I found it did benefit from having the edge angle reduced, but otherwise it has been great.

While Italians sure do have style, I am still at a loss why some of the otherwise very high tech slip joints they make are still using simple rectangular tangs, not the cam/notch designs used by Enzo, Boker and Spyderco for easy opening and harder closing. The Thrill would really benefit from that. As would the Viper Key, which had a nail-busting strong spring but just a square tang. Sent that one back as un-usable.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
No one needs to see another picture of a UKPK so ill not bother lol :)

Tried many slippies over many years and its always the UKPK that ends up in my pocket daily.
Its not even the prettiest and I really don't do "tactical" but since the day they were released I haven't been without a UKPK in my possession.
Steel is fantastic, weight is almost un-noticeable and ergo`s are just perfect. The steel and scale materials make it a very easy to clean so a brilliant food knife. Its just a no fuss, very comfy and capable light weight knife.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
My take on slipjoints is that the UK legal limit of 3"/7.5mm tends to mean the handle is a bit small for my hands. The Techtool has very little ricasso so my forefinger is poised to slip onto the blade whereas my Victorinox has a longer ricasso which reduces this risk. Of course Spyderco did the most sensible thing and put a choil that barely lengthens the handle but gives a full 4 finger grip and no chance of slipping. I had a Ruike L11 which has an 85mm blade IIRC and the handle on that was a decent length for my hand. I loved that knife but sadly lost it at work.

Reactions: Billy-o

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE