Shovels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
I have one like yours Little Mole, but it hasnt left home since I swapped my shogun for a civic type-R, good kit but too heavy for anywhere other than the back of a jeep.

L

Little Mole

On second glances at that web page, he doesn't use a shovel, he uses a stick. So...the shovel can stay in the back of the Molemobile with the big first aid kit, car emergency kit, big maglite, sleeping bag and ground mat. It's a good thing I don't drive a fancy car. :eek:):

L

Little Mole

Shuttup...I carry plenty. You and all your kit must weigh at least a half ton. :eek:):

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
I never carry one except during winter, and then it is a snow shovel which is standard safety equipment in the winter mountains.
Like Swampy Matt said, it is a quick thing to make a digging stick.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I carry a small but stout hard plastic garden trowel. If the soil is too hard for the small shovel, I add a digging stick to my list of tools to help with the digging. We carry a swedish mil. issue shovel in our truck kit.

M

Metala Cabinet

Little Mole said:
In many ways a stick is one of the most useful wilderness companions.
What did I tell you? By the way it's 'STICKTM'. Available from me for only the cost of postage and packing

plus a £5 handling charge

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
tomtom said:
i dont as yet but i am planning on getting one of these from gary (bottom of the page) more of a trowl than a shovel :biggthump

I've got one of those TomTom, had it about 12 months - got it from "somewhere else". It's pretty good, small and sturdy, but to be honest, a little on the heavy side. Go to B&Q and get yourself a small, cheap plastic trowel, cut it down to save even more weight and it'll do the job. The only advantage with metal trowels is you can use em with fire embers and such. Usefull if you're building some fancy cooking lay or something.

But.... split a log into a plank, put a point on it and a handle of sorts and you've a shovel - that you didn't have to carry. ;)

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Tvividr said:
I never carry one except during winter, and then it is a snow shovel which is standard safety equipment in the winter mountains.
Like Swampy Matt said, it is a quick thing to make a digging stick.
Going through my winter kit these days (it is getting cold you know), and this is my snow shovel.
289Bilde_048.jpg

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
What happend to the attachment ?? :?:
I posted the same way as on British Blades, but the attachment do not seem to be uploaded :?: I'll try to put it in the gallery, and link to the above post.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
My choice is the Fiskars/Gerber NATO Folding Spade, for the excellent design, build quality, strength and versatility, supported by Gerber's proven lifetime warranty.

I spent a lot of time on research and the review by Doug Ritter on his Equipped-To-Survive website, and the comments of a Finnish soldier whom had used and was impressed by this model helped form my choice.

In truth, I was quite surprised at just how good this spade is, I rate the quality as on par with my Snap-On's. It feels 100% solid in use. These people were great to buy from:

http://www.shop4gerber.co.uk/foldspade.html

Doug Ritter and Equipped-To-Survive review:

http://www.equipped.com/devices25.htm

This spade, Fiskars/Gerber Gator Folding Saw, GB Mini Hatchet and LMF 'Army' Firesteel put the 'thrive' into survive! (o:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Don't you just love it! :rolleyes: I also like when somebody votes and doesn't post anything, on a thread that is mega old also!

Problem is, half these links don't even work anymore!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE