Should i still use my cooker in this state?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Folcwigga

Forager
Aug 11, 2009
London
I was going to post a picture but apparently i'm not allowed to. Basically i have a Swedish army trangia i bought a few years back but never got around to using for more than the occasional brew on a day trip. Took it out for my recent trip to Norway and the burner seemed to have reacted with the aluminium inside the cooker and created this strange residue on both burner and mess tin. I cleaned both and the burner came out fine, but the inside of the mess tin seems to have had the finish of the aluminium removed where it was in contact with the burner. On top of this shortly after my girlfriend used it to boil some tomatoes for about 10 minutes and now there are several little black pits at the bottom of it.

Again a picture might make this clearer but apparently i can't attach one to the post. Should i keep using it and accept it's just not pretty any more, or is there a case for replacing it?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
as said the tomato reacted to the aluminium, no need to change the pan though give it a good scrub with one of those metal pot scrubber things and she'll be right

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
acidic thing were always going to attack it as they are uncoated, they are only painted on the outside

Folcwigga

Forager
Aug 11, 2009
London
Sorry to not update here, but am going to carry on using it. I was never worried about the looks department, just the safety aspect.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE