Should boots last more than 5 months?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Bought some, admittedly cheap, work boots (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264653595405) and the soles have already come off, the steel midsole has snapped on one of them too. The uppers are OK and the soles have plenty of life left in them - don't hold much hope of getting my money back but don't you think even this is a bit poor?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Himself's don't, and we don't buy cheap ones generally.
He just wears them dead.
Boots aren't what they used to be :sigh:

I still have boots that are over twenty years old, they're pretty kicked now to be honest, but still wearable, still comfy, while he goes through three or four pairs a year. He walks between five and ten miles every day. It's not even on really rocky stuff or roads the entire way.

M

Reactions: Bishop

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Fortunately, I bought another pair at the same time so have something to wear now. I'll give these a go with impact adhesive, hopefully get a few months more out of them as have some large logs to shift

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
These are the only boots i have found that are really comfortable and last....5 years of daily wear and still going strong. They're expensive but I figure I'm wearing them all day more of less every day. Certainly recommend them.

Friends who buy De Walt or the likes seem to get about four months out of them.

Sent from Somerset using magic

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
I have had a pair of Mammuts as my daily wear (7 days a week) for almost six years and still plenty of wear in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I'll give these a go with impact adhesive
Soft two component polyurethane would be my first choice (keffu with isocyanate), soft one component marine "goo" would be my second choice.

In both case the shoe has to be absolutely dry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE