shotgun cartridge match cases

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Take the brass off one and shove it on the crimp of the other. Glue sandpaper to the side. Done.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I made a few recently. I heated the bottom of the brass of one with a match or two then yanked it clean from the plastic. Washed the soot off and then it fits on the other end. You can put a striker inside or glue one to the outside like Red said. You can make different sized ones if you cut the plastic down to length or use a different bore of shell :).

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I did a tutorial on this a long time ago, way back just after the great flood :), I think it's still on the main site somewhere, but Red's just about covered it.

Dave

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Nope, same story here too for the most part, even some I've got dating back to the 50's & 60's. For a while Rotweil (spl) did some all-plastic cartridges, but I haven't seen those for years.

Dave

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Put a blow lamp on it if you have one then pull apart with pliers or mole grips (because its hot)

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I vaguely remember since it's been so long ago, probably 35 to 40 years, but I thought that a 16 gauge shell slides quite snugly into a 12, making another form of match case. Does anyone have both gauges to try?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE