Short walk since the temperature dropped! (pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaan

Forager
Apr 22, 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
So, the temperature has finally dropped a bit today and I decided to celebrate by going for a walk. It was about 27-30C the days before, utterly unbearable to do anything outside since it's so humid.

There has recently been some construction work in my village, they fitted some new water pipes. Since they dug up a straight line close to the woods it's the perfect place to spot some animal tracks. Nice soft ground. That's where I went:

PhQNzh.jpg

Spotted some roe deer tracks, quite small.
QStOGh.jpg

Since the ground is soft they sink in quite a bit and appear larger.
VIELph.jpg

Then I looked a bit ahead and came across this: :Wow:
FfNzfh.jpg

My foot is a size 10,5.

Then I saw 2 more which were a bit more realistically-sized.
a3qegh.jpg

It's odd that this year I haven't had a single walk without seeing moose tracks. And those pictures are taken about 200 meters from the nearest house. The woods aren't that large around my village, but yet there seem to be a lot of moose around.

And here's how the typical Estonian woods look:
9oibth.jpg

Completely impossible to navigate through and you're guaranteed to get a bunch of ticks in the process. :)
This is one of the thinner bits I saw, and believe me there's a footpath going through there.

And the walk was concluded by something grunting at me from across the dike. :D
p21k3h.jpg

Could have been my imagination since I didn't see anything moving.

Anyways, thanks for watching.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE