Shopping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
In my previous life I was a business traveller quite often. There is absolutely no glamour in business travel nor living out of a suitcase, believe me. So I view airports as a necessary evil, even though the only time I need consider them these days is the occasional overseas holiday, or dropping off / picking up friends and family. In the end I share the same view of airports as was written by the late, great Douglas Adams :)

Cheers, Bob

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Be bushcrafty, use moss and leaves!

I don't think the loo drains would manage much of that though.
Besides, it's perishing cold and wet here just now, the moss and leaves are a muddy mess :sigh:
Not a lot of leafage anyway right now. Nettles, pignut, wild garlic, snowdrops and daffodils. Not quite stuff folks want near their nether regions :)

Fine if one is off out somewhere wild, but in the suburbs, the tp is much the better option.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
ahh, missing a trick here....if it's 2-ply, you can split the layers, turn 'em inside out and get 2 more sides !
(maybe I should post this suggestion on "social media")
The origin of my idea goes back to my father who told me that during WW2 his unit missed a supply drop and the sergeant issued the platoon two sheets of lavatory paper per man. When my father asked how he was supposed to get by on two sheets, the sergeant told him to use both sides. For my generation, single ply hard paper resembling grease proof paper, was the norm. Bronco and Izal were the leading brands. We were tough back then! Newspaper was almost preferable. Soft loo paper is, to me, a recent innovation.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Those S size, thin, hard, shiny squares were the norm beyond the Iron Border too......
You had to squish them up.

Technique sensitive. Two Ply and soft - pure indulgent luxury!

But I still think those old papers were more hygienic.

Plus they were made from unbleached pulp = less toxic stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Wolf

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
This is where being a rollie smoker is a benefit... What you do is fold the Rizla into 4 rip the corner off so you end up with a hole in the middle then slide it over your finger, wipe area with finger then slide the Rizla off taking the c**p with it. Then wash hands for 20 seconds. 50 wipes in one little packet.

Luckily I've stockpiled Rizlas for when everyone catches on and all the shops sell out :)

Mr Wolf

Jun 30, 2013
Nottinghamshire
This is where being a rollie smoker is a benefit... What you do is fold the Rizla into 4 rip the corner off so you end up with a hole in the middle then slide it over your finger, wipe area with finger then slide the Rizla off taking the c**p with it. Then wash hands for 20 seconds. 50 wipes in one little packet.

Luckily I've stockpiled Rizlas for when everyone catches on and all the shops sell out :)
Not the light blue pack
Would be messy.
I'm not a proud man....I'd pressure wash the kids after making them bury their smelly brown bum eggs

Reactions: Fadcode
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands

Unfortunatley smokers are the most at risk.

Methylated spirits also work as antibacterial hand sanitiser, but shhhh! Keep it to yourself.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden

This is funny! This joke was popular amongst the German troops during WW2.
Dad retold me that one, including demonstrating. ( not wiping bum, but scrunched together lips)

Will you not risk a visit from the Police if you buy lots and lots of Rizlas?

Mr Wolf

Jun 30, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Not the light blue pack
Would be messy
This is funny! This joke was popular amongst the German troops during WW2.
Dad retold me that one, including demonstrating. ( not wiping bum, but scrunched together lips)

Will you not risk a visit from the Police if you buy lots and lots of Rizlas?
Nah....they are too busy with the metoo lot

Last edited:
Reactions: Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE