shopping trip

dirty ben

Forager
Dec 24, 2009
somerset
Twas my birthday on the 12th and as i have been a very good boy my wifey has promised to take me shopping to a very well known surplus shop in Exeter,i have made a little shopping list because the thought of looking at all the goodies brings me out in the sweats,i was wondering if you guys could take a moment to look at my list and give your views on the merits of each item or even suggest replacements,here goes

Stowaway flecktarn smock-for brew stops and evenings wild camping.
Dutch cup-for the above brew stops.
Folding cups-also for the above brew stops.
M65 liner-for my M65 jacket.
U.S. billy set-a little bit worried about the aluminium quality.
Volcano stove-i like the compactness and versatility of the stove.

Any help would be gratefully recieved

tetra_neon

Forager
Oct 1, 2005
E Mids
I heard the 'Alpha' brand M65 liner is much warmer/well made than the US issue one - can't vouch for it, but i'm thinking of getting one for mine.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Which US set, the mountain troup or oval?

Nothing wrong with Aluminium the health nonsense has been shown to have no basis in clinical fact.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
hi dirty ben,happy late birthday !! as for the m-65 liner try and get a genuine item.. the later issues of liner that i have have buttons in front along the button holes so you can wear it on its own like a "smoking jacket" lol..what U.S. cookset do you mean ?also see if you can find a genuine U.S. stainless steel canteen cup these are the best..great list and enjoy..vince g. 11B Inf...

dirty ben

Forager
Dec 24, 2009
somerset
Well i purchased 2 folding cups,1 dutch cup,1 volcano stove,and 1 m65 liner,shame the button holes do not line up,job for the missus me thinks,the US billy set was a little too big for what i needed it for.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE