Shocking story on BBC News

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alex...

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2007
Silverstone
Okay, it's a deliberately misleading title. But has anyone seen this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8405586.stm

What with a number of these issues, including the recent bushcraft post on the pigeon, I'm beginning to think that these things are becoming more and more common.

I find it a shame that "for legal reasons" they cannot be named. It's not as though they didn't know what they were doing for their age.

I would happily boycott any firm that ever employed them. I wonder what they will go on to do next.

Sorry for moaning, I know it's not a bushcrafty thing, but I wonder how many people would love to meet these gents in a dark alley and reeducate them in the rights and wrongs of society.

Moan over...........

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Absolutely awful story but...

Could the mods do something about the thread title please? I find it a little distasteful and think it reflects badly on this forum.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I'd like to second Prawnster's request, before we get overrun by Stormfront types. An infestation of neo-nazis can be very difficult to get rid of once established.

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
:cussing:

What was going through their minds, why????

"He accepted he had stomped on the fawn's ribs because he thought it would be fun." Would it be fun if I stomped on his ribs????

Sorry, this sort of thing infuriates me!

Whats the odds they get away scott free??

76bts

Yes its likely these people will get away with it, and they are not kids, they are old enough to know better. The sad thing is why some people have such evil inside, I mean most people would be overwhelmed with happiness seeing a young fawn. Their parents should be slapped with a £10k fine each, oh yeah its not their fault they brought their kids up with no respect or morales.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
What with a number of these issues, including the recent bushcraft post on the pigeon, I'm beginning to think that these things are becoming more and more common.
That's what you're supposed to think Alex. However, it's just as likely to be selective reporting - are fewer children having accidents with innappropriately stored air rifles now the media spotlight as moved on to pigeon bashing and deer stomping? Probably not.

Hopefully I'm not the only one to spot the irony of wishing harm on three teenagers who inflicted harm on something else - which is the worse crime?

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Are you guy's really offended by the title....something here strikes me about the "bigger picture"

No, I'm not offended by it at all. But it's kinda like leaving the top off the jam at a summer picnic... You're going to attract unwelcome visitors.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Weird nazi title aside these kids, well i dunno i mean questions should be raised about the state of our young people surely? that they can go out and do this?

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
It's shocking. I used to be of the "live and let live" variety, but the older I get I seem to be changing, now I just want someone to lock these types up and throw away the key. Doubtful they're going to make any positive contribution to society, they'll just be a cost to Mr Average, first through "rehabilitation programmes", then through more jail time.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Educated you may be - but you are also gratuitously offensive!
You would be no more welcome around my campfire than the oiks in the story.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Thanks to the mods for the title change.

Alex you seem quite upset so I think it best for everyone if you and I don't keep in touch.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE