Shockcord?

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The kingfisher sheathed braid is awesome for tarp ridgelines-much better than hollow braid IMO.

Its strenght to weight isnt as high, but tangles seem to fall out. I much prefer it to my marlow d12 or EB dynamic line for a ridgeline- plus it comes in lots of colours. The 1.5mm stuff is great for tie-outs too-again its easy to untangle.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Cygnus sails do free postage on their stuff and they will have a polyester sheathed dyneema core, shockcord etc in stock. I get my stuff from them as they are local to me.

Lots on here use the bay, you pay postage but the goods are cheaper.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I usually get my SC from ebay, 3mm is what I use on my Superfly tie outs and tensioners.

2mm dynaglide aborists throwline for my guys and ridgeline

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No it's fine mate, I did wonder myself when I was seeing it mentioned all the time over on HF. The aborists stuff is clever in that it doesn't tangle, if you stretch a piece out between your fingers it stays kind of stiff, a bit like a waxed cord would.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Got my shockcord of ebay. 3mm olive green 15metre for £3.95 inc shipping. Got some 5mm by mistake (my fault, ordered wrong) too. That is heavy duty...

I set up my tarp lines with couple inch of shockcord to homemade ally linerunner then 1.5mm polyester wrapped Dyneema. Works great, can adjust guyline from over 2 metre down to 3 inch! Can also retension from under tarp, so no need to get wet in a storm.

No pics at the mo, but can post pic of setup later if ya like.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Found 10m of 3mm plain black shockcord on the bay for a couple of quid with free shipping so I went with that.

Incidently for my main lines I ordered from Cygnus sails, so cheers Teepee! Went with 10m of 3mm dyneema for my ridgeline, and got 15m of 2mm (neon yellow) dyneema for my tarp tieouts which should cover me for 6 2m tieouts plus an extra 3m of cord to keep with me 'just incase'.

Looking forward to chucking out the tatty green webbing from DD and horrible 550 paracord tieouts. Whoop!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE