Shining Cliff Woods - An offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Oh there'll be snow :D I reckon its pretty much guaranteed this weekend... one of the reasons I'm so giddy... love being out in snow!

You still bringing a spade John? I need to bring a bow saw and an axe apparently... at this rate I'll have a full tool shed in the back of the car! lol

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I've got a bow saw and axe in Dewi if you want to leave yours not a bother but never bad to have spares

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
We can take a pair... nowt wrong with doubling up on gear if we have it... means we'll get the job done twice as fast while John is making a brew :lmao:

This is gonna be a good weekend :D

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Just don't be too shocked at the heath Robinson appearance of some of my gear. I buy good gear, then modify it to make it work, but it usually ends up looking odd lol

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
As long as you don't take the micky out of my 'black bag' gear :D

I was bought a raft of new gear when I turned forty, but I swear its from the Special Forces Surplus Store lol

Not that I mind, its good solid gear and it carries everything i need... just because I look like I'm auditioning for the SAS, who cares!

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
All about whatever works for you mate! I have to admit I have been swayed by some aspects of tactical gear. But when I start using a rifle like this
d54717e64631a8055755fdbb7313dd60.jpg
please feel free to turn it on me :lmao:

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm defo still up for it! I've been counting down all month lol is there anything I can contribute? I don't have many tools other than your general hiking gear, maybe some cobs/bread to accompany Mick's mountain of burgers and sausages?

I'm on half day leave tomorrow so should be able to touch base around half 2 ish.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Anything like that is an idea. I think we have tools covered really so just whatever you think :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
So does everyone know where we're going?

Grabbed a couple of nets of logs today... I'm bringing a bow saw, Mick has an axe and John has a spade... so tool wise we should be good. We've got permission to use certain felled trees, but obviously we have to process the wood ourselves.

Got 16 litres of water, so should have plenty... parachute is always in the car, so got a group shelter... and I've got a mini foldaway grill.

Only thing I didn't manage, mainly due to having a busy day, was the dutch oven... place that sells them is a 40 minute drive, just didn't have the time. Maybe next time for the dutch oven.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Yeah I know the spot, I've been on walks through the woods before.

I've packed all my gear tonight, probably packed to many clothes but rather safe than sorry! Apparently it's going to snow this weekend! 😁 haha

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Yep... weather says low chance of rain, low wind, and low low temperatures... particularly Saturday night.

I bought a thermal vest and thermal long johns today for £8 from Aldi... bargain :D

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Dug the norgie out and layering up in shirts. Should be fine!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Oh yeah.... the eggs on skewers!!! I would have forgotten all about those!

Not checked the chickens today, so I'll see what eggs I've got... if there isn't enough, there is a shop in the village near the camp... or no doubt there will be a farm locally.

Skewers! Good call.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
We can use spot A... and I've got instructions for where we can take timber from... and we park up near spot C.

What time you going to be there John?

Oven shelves! That sounds like a plan! :D We can rig up some supports, no worries.

Getting giddy now... I set off to collect Mick in just under 7 hours :D Gonna be an adventure :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE