Shining Cliff Woods - An offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Closest postcode is for the YH that is on Shiny Cliff... DE56 2HG... that takes you to Holly Lane. I'll work on some detailed directions, but if you get to the postcode, you're less than 5 minutes from the woods.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Oki doki... just got all the confirmation stuff from the site owners.

Just to double check... the list I've got for those attending is...

Grotzilla
Mick91
Ged
Johntarmac
Wacker
Honest Outrage

Everyone still attending this weekend?

I've got a map of the location in PDF form and instructions for firewood.... the water onsite is definitely out of bounds, so we need to take our own water... and site volunteers will most probably say hello Sunday morning :)

Its suggested due to the wet conditions that we take a bit of firewood with us as well... I'll make sure I have some in the car.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Still in for it. Water may be an issue. I'll go out tomorrow and and grab a water butr

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Our of curiosity what makes the water out of bounds?

Something to do with bacteria... its been tested and they don't recommend it for consumption.

I'll be taking 16 litres as I usually do... only use about 5 litres for myself, but I take it for emergencies.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Surely boiling or steris should render it safe though? I'll still take some though. Asda do a 5l bottle pretty cheap

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Yep, 5l bottle at Asda was £1.10 today... actually might switch to the larger bottles myself... I usually carry the smaller 2l bottles because I can fit 3 in my grab bag, but wondering if the 5l one would fit in there.

You looking forward to it Mick?

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Can't wait Dewi! Been getting wrong for going on about it! Is there a supermarket en route or near by?

Swmbo even bought me a present for it
4ff72a3ee744bfc5f7fbe4c434ca5345.jpg

It's like she knows!

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Aye, there'll be somewhere we can stop off if needs be... reckon it'll take me about 3 hours to get to you with traffic... couple of hours down to the woods... but we pass through some easy access shops on the way.

I'm a tad giddy about it to be honest... I've don't think I'll get away with talking about it much more at home before someone kicks me in the head :eek:

Still waiting to hear back from Wacker... hopefully snatch him on Friday morning and we'll drive up together.

I better post up that map so people know where they're going.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
No problem Dewi that sounds good to me, send me a homing pigeon (or a text whatever tickles you) and I'll pop the kettle on when you're up here in God's country!
Has anyone heard from Kurt? Not seen him around in some time now

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Kurt?? What is his screenname?

PM me your mobile number... that brew sounds like a plan :D

Okay... here's the map of the site...

sitemap.png

Hopefully thats worked okay.... closest town is Ambergate... and the postcode earlier in the thread will get you to Holly Lane... rest should be easy.

Anyone who needs it, PM me and I'll send you my mobile number... hoping to arrive between 12 - 1pm... only thing that will hold us up is traffic.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Honest outrage. Will send my number as soon as I find it out :lmao:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
lol Well I just PM'd him... didn't know he was Kurt... he's not been online since early October though, so we might be a man down before we even start.

With the response to the thread though, looks like it might just be me and thee Mick lol

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Be a laugh either way! Grotzilla has been active too recently, were both just too gobby haha

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
True... John posted earlier today... and Ged is always lurking somewhere :D

Just need Wacker to shout out and we'll have got the band back together! :p

Still deciding on food items to take... I'm noodled up for those tasty half time snacks, but trying to decide... bacon or gammon. Tricky.... tricky. I knew a girl called Pandora once...

johntarmac

May 17, 2015
Herts
I've been keeping myself quiet about it but tonight when a tide of kit started to engulf the living room she took herself off to bed. She's probably thinking it'll be all tidied away by the morning :rolleyes:

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I'm copiously supplied with sausages and burgers, along with spam, bacon grill and pasta. I'll pick bits and bobs up for cans and stuff. And those MRE tuna packs I've been trying to get rid of for 3 years

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'm copiously supplied with sausages and burgers, along with spam, bacon grill and pasta. I'll pick bits and bobs up for cans and stuff. And those MRE tuna packs I've been trying to get rid of for 3 years

We'll have to assign you as Quartermaster then Mick lol

Blimey, its 2 days in the woods... not an Arctic expedition! :p

I'll be much the same food wise, mine will have meat, bread and gravies... 3 things I can't live without.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
We'll have to assign you as Quartermaster then Mick lol

Blimey, its 2 days in the woods... not an Arctic expedition! :p

I'll be much the same food wise, mine will have meat, bread and gravies... 3 things I can't live without.

When it comes to food I would rather be looking at it than for it ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE