SHING / Rapidboy – Field knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Dave Farrant said:
For clarification on the rules please read the Sticky Item at the head of the Classifieds. (Second item down.) "Please read" it says. This will give you Tony's stand, which if changed will change there.

:D

Rules said:
The Members Classifieds forum is provided so that individual members can buy, sell or trade their personal possessions with other members.
Well it is RB's personal knife so he can sell it

Rules said:
Note: The forum is for non commercial sales. Sales by makers, traders, retailers etc are not allowed (although this is under consideration)
He did make part of it though, I don't think this makes it a commercial sale but it is where the confusion arises.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
Gentlemen.

I am now feeling terribly guilty with regard to the hornets nest i seem to have stired up here.

For the record i never meant to slam or flame RB ( in fact i hope to work with him in the not too dostant future;))

Maybe me posting where i did was in the worng place, out of line maybe.

It gets kind of frustrating though when it APPEARS that some rules depend on the mod or member and are not the same for all.

So my appologies to rb for coming across as a sh!t.

And for the bad atmosphere i seemed to have caused.

:beerchug:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I am finding myself in agreement with MagiKelly. The difference is that the knife was made for personal use, then put up for sale a year later. I saw that Rapidboy was unloading a load of his kit and the first thing that came to my mind was a hope that this wasn't the result of some domestic emergency requiring funds! It seemed clear that this was all ex-personal stuff.

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
C_Claycomb said:
I saw that Rapidboy was unloading a load of his kit and the first thing that came to my mind was a hope that this wasn't the result of some domestic emergency requiring funds! It seemed clear that this was all ex-personal stuff.

That was rather my point.

Still, all clear now, all friends, and all happy. Which is nice :D

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
C_Claycomb said:
I saw that Rapidboy was unloading a load of his kit and the first thing that came to my mind was a hope that this wasn't the result of some domestic emergency requiring funds! It seemed clear that this was all ex-personal stuff.

i think we can safely say it's an EMERGENCY :lmao:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Dave Barker said:
It gets kind of frustrating though when it APPEARS that some rules depend on the mod or member and are not the same for all.

Dave, I assume you are referring to the edit of your knife advert in the edged tools forum here...
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=9057

The copy you used was exactly the same as your knife advert in "Makers Sales" on BB, minus the price tag - clearly a veiled attempt to sneak an advert in through the back door. You go on to admit it was an advert, earlier in this thread...
Dave Barker said:
Sorry to be a pooper though but i didn't think blatent sales/advertising of self made items were allowed. I had one removed you see,
Firstly, no advertising is allowed on BcUK outside of the classifieds area (which you know).
Secondly, advertising anywhere is only permitted by contributing members (which you are not)
Thirdly, overt advertising by knifemakers is not allowed and you freely describe yourself as a knifemaker.

Rb's post is in the correct forum.
Rb is entitled to advertise because he is a contributing member.
Rb does not describe himself as a knifemaker.

Any one of the above three points would get your advert moderated Dave, but all three just makes it a no-brainer. If there is any of the above which you dont understand or you would like further clarification, or if you have an issue with the way I've moderated one of your posts, then please do feel free to PM me directly.

Lastly, if you get caught trying to sneak an advert under the radar, dont ruin other peoples legitimate adverts with completely unfounded accusations of unfair or biassed moderation, or to put it another way - DONT WHINE ABOUT IT!

Regards,
Martyn.

Reactions: Andy

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Damn that was exciting :lmao:
Thanks to the mods and Tony for sorting it.
The knife has now been sold.
Cheers
rb

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
And another twist .... the knife is now not sold so it's up for sale again.

:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE