Shemag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
Hello I need your help.
Which are the ways to tie a shemag?
Pics, tutorials??? :twisted:
Enjoy

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
raz, can't get into the Military Morons site. i have seen their stuff before, pretty cool actually. but now it asks for a user name and password.

i reckon shemaghs are pretty pants compared to a cheche, (pronounced shesh) the second of those german tutorials gives you an idea of how to tie a cheche. great piece of kit.

cheers, and.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
a-ha! cheers GC, note to self, must read small print...

that looks pretty much the same as the german page, but inverted left to right.

cheers, and.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Adi007 said:
There are far better ways than that to prevent hot-linking!

I agree, that's ridiculous. I make good use of an htacces file for britishblades, that way, I can specify which sites can use images stored on britishblades.com. Basically, everywhere is stopped from using them if they're not on my list of OK websites (of which there are very few), such as BUK.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Those who have met me know that i always have at least one shamgh with me, there are hundreds of different ways of wearing them, and thats just the ones on your head

they can also be used for shelters, bags, slings, towels, the list goes on and on and on

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just received a shemag by mail from a friend who's in Iraq at the moment: a traditional red & white one with little thingies on the edges for decoration. :super:
It's a massive 1.5 meter (aprx) square when completely open.

Also tried it on, in the way as is shown on Military Morons: I really looked like an Arab with that thing on my head. :yikes:
Really good fun aswell, because I scared my little sis :eek:): :wink:

Pretty sure it well also do very lovely as a table cloth whilst bushcrafting (isn't it all about improvisation?) :biggthump

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Giancarlo said:

Is the model in this the guy from the Fast Show? The "I'll get me coat" chap? ? ? "You ain't seen me.......right?". lol :rolmao:

I wear mine in many ways and use it instead of a towel....also makes a great pillow, as Stuart said; there's heaps of uses for them.

The dangly bits aren't just for decoration....they are supposed to help keep flies away too :eek:):

Furface

Jan 13, 2005
Gloucester
Always keep one with me in the woods.

If wearing it aound your head or neck, fold in a triangle and point corner to one side, not to your back. Not a rule, but I find it more useful.
Sling over your shoulder as a forraging bag, can be useful poacher's pocket, tie to a stick Dick Whittington style. Wrap your kit in it and sling around your back. Even tie around your waist as a hernia belt? Soooo useful.

I even wash mine in Nikwax. Don't know if it really makes a difference, but I figure why not? Probably not the best thing to do if you want to use it as a towel or water filter.

Best thing to do is keep it with you and play with it.

Ferrion

Aug 17, 2004
Hull, Yorkshire
This is my own little pic tutorial i made, sorry it's not great

Shemagh

Basically place it on your head with the tails at equal length

pull the right hand tail around and tuck it into itself

The Left hand tail can be left hanging or pulled accross your face

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
if all you guys got together in your shemagh's it would look like a berber raiding party, I can just see it now -- dozens of nervous coppers--- loads of flashing lights --- and viking strolling forward saying " not to worry ---- just here for a bit of pillage"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE