shell island?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Before I left my home town of Birmingham and moved to Wales full time, Shell Island was a regular spot for me. I would often camp there early or late season when it was 'quieter' and commute to Snowdonia for some hill walking. An old friend of mine now owns the Ty Mawr Hotel in Llanbedr, but sad to say I've not been up there in many years now:eek:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Nearly ent earlier this year, i've got a large group of friends that go there every year, i'm glad i didn't, most of them got a pounding from the weather and the news said that there's was £150,000 of tent damage on Shell Island that weekend.

It's very busy, very very and it's not cheap. But it's a great spot.

tyfy

Forager
Nov 4, 2006
Peebles, Scotland

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Tony is right, it is busy, thats why I would go early or late season. Its' a wonderful part of Wales, so much near to hand and the coastline is stunning :)

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well been there quite a bit too. I would not recommend it in the main months and if you do book you will probably find they are full.
Personally I would prefer a quieter camp site even if I had to do away with the chance of a fire!
Dunes are fun though.
Dave

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Nearly ent earlier this year, i've got a large group of friends that go there every year, i'm glad i didn't, most of them got a pounding from the weather and the news said that there's was £150,000 of tent damage on Shell Island that weekend.

It's very busy, very very and it's not cheap. But it's a great spot.

I know i should not laugh but we was there that weekend. I even did a blog about it when I got back. We camped on the edge of the cliff and my tent stood the test of the gales. All that broke was one guy line snapped and to make it even better my tent was one of the old fashioned huge frame tents :lmao: .
I will go and have a look for the thread. we even had sun for a while. when we moved off the edge of the cliff.

Greg

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
whoops, sorry about the thread guys. i agree, it is a brilliant spot, especially for seafood. ive had 3 descent sized lobsters from a pot i made before. threw two back and ate one.

i have to say it is really busy though, and most sites are in the open.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE