Sheepskin waistcoat?

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
If you lot don't know,nobody will. :)

Where can I buy a rough sheepskin "waistcoat" like wot William Tell wore on the telly years ago?

I have Googled 'till my fingers hurt but no luck. :(

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
no idea mate - but wouldn't think it would be too hard to make one....

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
lol - if thats what you fancy! - i'd dap down to ikea myself and get a sheepskin rug! personally :lmao:

Lemoneyewash

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2004
UK
Years an' years ago I made one from an old 'knacker' from a charity shop I got for about a tenner. I also made some foot 'toasties' out of the sleeves and some mittens that didn't work. :rolleyes:

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Thanks for the help.As the nearest IKEA is about 100 miles away,I'll troll round our local charity shops and see what there is.

I don't really fancy starting from scratch.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Most B&Q's sell sheepskin rugs (about £25). You'd need two to make a waistcoat. One for the back and the other split down the middle for the fronts.

Alternatively try the charity shops for old sheepskin coats, but remember the fleece will have been trimmed nice and short for these.

Eric

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Lol...the others have beaten me to it but i'd say get a cheapy sheapskin coat (charity shop or ebay) and just cut the arms off...bingo: sheepskin waistcoat! :D

Cheers,

Bam. :)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
John Lewis do machine washable sheepskins in the baby section.

Have stuck it in the machine to remove poo of nippers. Came out a little hard but brushing with the right hand (never tried the left) works a treat. Not cheap mind.

http://www.johnlewis.com/Furniture/Children's+Furniture/Furnishing+Accessories/Rugs/622/Product.aspx

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE