sheath for spoon knife

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i have had a commision from a mate of here for me to do a leather sheath for a spoon knife, i made a couple of mock ups, of some of the desighns that had been made, and then tried this one, added me own little touches to it, and hay presto, i have one.
this is the one i made for simon D.
IF YOU CLICK ON THE PICS, YOU CAN SEE CLOSER UP.

and because i felt all left out, as i don't have one, i made one for me self.

i tooled this one, and put a spring loaded clasp on it, they have turned out great.
all comments are welcome, what do you think guys.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Great idea. How did you form the leather?

I'm pretty useless/ignorant when it comes to making sheaths - maybe for a numpty like me it would be easier to make a wooden 'sheath' for the blade, then add the leather.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
hi mate i did not wet form this, if thats what you mean, i very rarely wet form anything, i prefer a friction fit if i can get away with it if one of my customers asked for it to be wet formed ill do it, but i prefer the friction fit, more professional imho, and longlasting, as i think that wet forming, given time, can work loose, but a friction fit, well its friction, and should last a very long time indeed.
mate the best advice i can give is make a few mock ups, so that you are not spending a fortune, and when you are happy transfer it onto the leather, and then go from there.
if any body wants any help, regarding leather, I'm always willing to help, as this is a fantastic past time, very rewarding.
i hope this has helped
lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE