Shearin' the mane.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Ahoy shipmates,
As per the title...I am gearing up fer a charity hair cut at the moot this year.
Not a decision that I am takin' lightly, but fer 30 years I have always said that 'ifin me noggin mane starts lettin' in light'....time fer a shearing.
So, gonna sort a worthy charity and post details fer relievin' ye o' yer spare gold. Hope ye digs deep and hope t' see ye alls witness this spectacle at the moot this year.
What says ye?

Here be the donation page addy:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/shearinthemane

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I suggest that you "share the hair", if you can. Hack the hank and I hope that you raise a bundle of bucks.
Wigs for chemo cancer patients are very much appreciated for simple human dignity.
I've been a care-giver twice now. Hair is a big deal, so I have observed.

Reactions: wingstoo

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Ahoy Rob,
Yes, already plotted that line fella. Unfortunately me noggin mane be 'unsuitable' fer wiggage makin'. Due t' it being too thin in structure liken. Perhaps an African type fly swish be the order fer recycling says I...:)

Reactions: Robson Valley

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I'm still pleased that you have looked into the possibility. I't's very important.
Just tragic when they see that the last of their hair has plugged the shower drain.
A duster for the window sills would be honorable.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No,no, no! Cut your hair for yourself, not for anyone else.

I have raised money for charity from as far back as I can remember; But I am never going to do anything that makes me look silly, and I am doubtful about respecting anyone who does.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire

I have raised money for charity from as far back as I can remember; But I am never going to do anything that makes me look silly, and I am doubtful about respecting anyone who does.

Hell fire, thats a bit harsh tengu

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock

Did you not read the bit where he's always said when it thins, he's going to cut it off? So he is doing it for himself. That he's going to make the most of it to benefit some others is admirable surely?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: boubindica

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Well....clippers have been purchased. Hair cutting shipmates have been chosen. Gold collection is rising beyond my initial target choice....

Not long t' go now peeps......

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Well....clippers have been purchased. Hair cutting shipmates have been chosen. Gold collection is rising beyond my initial target choice....

Not long t' go now peeps......

Excellent stuff, we should make a BushMoot advert for Facebook about it!! Seriously though, CLIPPERS!!!! surely it should be knife and axe???? Theresa will be there we can use flint tools!

Brewers Whoop

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2008
Somerset
Looking in the mirror in the right light, I nowadays catch a not infrequent glimpse of gleaming pate. So have been similarly kicking around the idea of a shearing. So far, Mrs Whoop is unmoving in her resistance to this. But the day is getting nearer. So happy to chip in, and look forward to witnessing the event and assisting with the pre-drinking.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Veet.....now there's an experience well worth forgettin. Lol
Hopefully the clippers will do the trick..failing that.....there are alternative shaving items available. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE