shaving sharp frustration!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marty66

Apr 12, 2009
dorchester dorset
hiya,been busy using the thread on the wet&dry sharpening kit.ive always used oilstones for years. ive used knives in my job harvesting watercress and salad crops etc always getting a useable edge. can someone guide me a little as ive always been dead keen on this topic but ive never EVER achieved shaving sharp what am i doing wrong? anyones advice greatly valued !!

cheers!

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
exactly whattechnique are you using to sharpen your knives? what knives are they. There are a milion and one ways to achieve a really sharp edge, a little mor einfor on what you're doing now will help people give you better advice

marty66

Apr 12, 2009
dorchester dorset
hi NatG, im using a mora clipper cs and a mora 780 laminated blade freehand on wet&dry grits 240-400-600-1500 i use scandi grinds cos its easy to maintain the bevel. perhaps im on too much of a mission to get it right! would still luv to though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE