sharpening??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Need a little more info on what you mean by sharpening set. I guess a basic set is a coarse and fine stone and a strop. You can make the strop out of a leather belt and a board. Just glue a length of belt to the board. As for the stones, well, there are quite a few threads here and a sticky post on sharpening that should be very helpful for you. What are you wanting to sharpen? Knife and/or axe?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Alex,

What are you trying to sharpen mate? Also are you looking for a home (bench) set or a field (small) set?

Red

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
I'v gotta 1000/6000 grit and a 8000 grit IceBear Japanese water stone and there proppa ace! I sharpen pretty much everything on em - from axe to kitchen knife.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I've been sharpening stuff all day - was bored and the collection needed cleaning and touching up. Have a sharp maker but dont use it so much now. Only thing i used today was wet and dry in various grits - 400 to 1500 and a piece of leather. We are talking scary sharp here - making curls on an edge of paper and touch cutting spider web!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE