Shangri-La 3 for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Hi Guys,

I recently bought the Shangri-La 3 with the floor from Backpacking light (great co. to deal with by the way)

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product348.asp

I bought it 3 weeks ago, as soon as they got the stock in, and used it once this weekend in the dry. It's the blue one by the way.

For some reason I just don't feel quite at home in it and have decided to sell it. It cost me £184.98 in total with the floor and I would like £120 for it including delivery.

Any takers? SOLD

All the best,

Kim

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
Hi Kim - Very tempting, had my eye on one for a while...

Couple of questions:

What colour of blue is it? I can't see a ref on bblights website...
Why didn't you get on with it?
How long is the pole? I would like to use it when lightweight touring on my mtb so has to fit a saddle bag.

Thanks, Pete

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Lithril- I thought they were only making the green and bomboo too, in fact I did ask for the green but got a dark blue one, not a bad colour at all.

Miggers- It's a dark blue mate, you're right they don't have a picture of it on the site as far as I can see. The pole that comes with it is adjustable, a bit like the way a crutch can adjust with a springing out latch (not very technical description I know, sorry). I can honestly say I don't know why I didn't get on with it, there's certainly nothing wrong with it design wise at all, in fact quite the opposite, and I was really amazed how light the whole thing was....... but still, I just didn't feel at home in it.

I hope that helps,

Kim

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Sorry Miggers, just realised I didn't really answer your question about the pole.....

I would like to use it when lightweight touring on my mtb so has to fit a saddle bag.

It has 4 sections which are about 35cm each and connected by a elastic caord running the length, so easily collapsed and put together. The final section has the extender part with the 'springy out bobble' thing. I am a biker myself, and it would be ideal for that.

I hope that's better mate.

Kim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE