Sewage Works

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Milo

Jun 15, 2009
London
Was doing a google map zoom in / out thing the other day to see what I had let myself in for and noticed a rather largish sewage works just south of the main forest adjacent to a river.

Anyone who has been before noticed any funny smells ? :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
This planet's a fair old size - any chance of a clue as to the location that you want to know about?

EDIT: Just noticed that you'd posted in the BushMoot forum - :eek: - which makes it pretty location specific :eek: :eek:

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Was doing a google map zoom in / out thing the other day to see what I had let myself in for and noticed a rather largish sewage works just south of the main forest adjacent to a river.

Anyone who has been before noticed any funny smells ? :)
I've been to the Moot twice, and at no time have I smelt the sewage farm, Area 51 aka the Naughty corner, (beer, booze and some kind of odd imported 'Hand rolling tabacco) yes, bow-drill practice area ( the smell of burning eyebrows is so off putting) but not sewage.

Gabe

Forager
Aug 10, 2008
Bridgend, South Wales
I live just a 5 minute walk from the site and throughout all my time living here (some 20 years) I've never once smelt anything dodgy coming from there. I've certainly smelt when Tythegston Farm have a fresh delivery of chicken manure; but nothing from the works.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Will you? I can't say I've ever heard it and i've never heard anyone say they've heard it? You must ave .Umm...ears like...Umm, what hears really well that I could use without it being interpreted as me being horrid in some way.....Like a really efficient microphone :D

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Only once in all the many times i have been there. And to be honest it was the worst thing i have ever smelt, so bad in fact you could taste it. But as i say only once and i visit the area often.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE