Selling a Rolex - Advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
The more I read about Rolex watches the more I appreciate my old Seiko quartz watches.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
tz-uk forum! you'll get a really good price for a mint sea dweller like that! Ignore the lowball offers from the dealers on there!

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
A 26year old dweller is a rare beast .can you till me ( I'm hopeing It has no date ) a little in a pm

All The Best , Stewart

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That whole package will be very sought after by collectors. The fact it hasn't been regularly serviced by Rolex will also boost its value as their overhauls are very severe to bring it back to 'new' condition. They also update the parts to the newer specs. So what you have there is a very rare beast and will fetch an extra premium because of it. I notice you even have the old sticker off the case back stuck to the chronometer certificate - excellent.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
You know not having the bezel line up with the face so 0 sits at the 12O'clock position would probably bug someone with OCD. Not me though...

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
You know not having the bezel line up with the face so 0 sits at the 12O'clock position would probably bug someone with OCD. Not me though...

:)

Thanks all, lots of useful suggestions and I'm delighted to learn that this isn't just a 'run of the mill' watch. You have all given me lots to think about.

:)

udamiano

On a new journey
Occasionally I sell some swiss watches, and have found that a written valuation from a reputable source is always a bonus and can add that bit of extra. Try to get an actual Rolex dealer. And make sure they are absolutely aware that you are getting it valued for a private sale and not to them, as they might (not saying they would) give a particular low evaluation on the hope of buying it cheap. Nothing says you need to provide this, especially if it doesn't backup the price you want. best off all get a couple of valuations and of course choose the one that best suits your sales profile.

Da

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I had to sell mine, had a business and went bust, Rolex or Patek Phillippe had to go so tossed a coin and the Rolex lost. I was gutted the day it went. Times have vastly improved and the Phillippe is under lock and key for the children to argue over after I'm gone but don't sell the Rolex unless its for a really good reason. If its a good solid reason then sell it on and enjoy your new purchase, if its just to raise a few bob then don't.

Someone mentioned a Seiko watch, great they are too, more than likely the electronic mechanism keeps better time but it will lack the soul of the Rolex (which for all intent and purpose will keep time just fine).

Think long and hard about selling it, would it not be nice for the children to find it in years to come and all being well share with the grand children? A Seiko watch won't be around then.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Deepsea = £450 service from Rolex was not much of a decision it went, like owning a car you have to take everything into account

All The Best , Stewart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE