Self inflating matress

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I bought a self inflating mat today. Not a thermarest but a Multimat adventure.
Its 655 grams and 4 seasons but as i never have owned a self inflating mat i dont know what to expect

I have opened it up and opened the valve and it started to inflate but then stropped, i had to blow it up around 10 times to get it to a full feel

Is this right or am i doing it wrong? Or is it a dodgy mat?

Thank you

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Usually when they come out of the box they need a helping hand the first few times, after a couple of nights on one they start to inflate better.

Multimat have been at it years mate so it should be fairly decent.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Usually when they come out of the box they need a helping hand the first few times, after a couple of nights on one they start to inflate better.

Multimat have been at it years mate so it should be fairly decent.

Thanks mate- Shall i store it inflated or inflated with the valve open? Sorry for all the questions- im new to it!:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Best to keep it inflated if you can, behind a headboard or under a bed is handy, most of mine live on top of the wardrobes away from the cats :)

Saying that I've got a 3/4 ThermaRest which has always been stored compressed and rolled up, it must be knocking on for 12 years old now and it still goes up perfect every time.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
I prefer my Thermarest in a neutral state of inflation. Blown up tight, you just bounce off it. It needs to have a bit of give to contour to your body. I'm a side sleeper, so I like my hip to just touch the deck.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE