Self Feed Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Aye Up,

Nice R&D keen edge.

Next - a means to control the flame for varying flame setting/heat output?:)
Cheers fella at the moment flame is controlled by raising or lowering the fuel bottle more flame just raise bottle a little going to make a small stand for bottle to sit in so u can raise or lower it and leave it sit there but it burns well as is when flame dies down just lift bottle till the flames are good then put bottle down simple :) just need a name for it now lol

Last edited:

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

Just a thought Keenedge - how long have you run the stove for - for the duration of the full contents of the bottle shown?

I'm wondering - if as the contents of the bottle are drawn through, isn't there a vacuum created which will subsequently hold the remaining contents back and cause the stove to go out?

If so, how about a small valve (i.e. bicycle inner tube) in the bottom of the bottle for R&D and then maybe a lower profile spring loaded press-to-vent type affair?

Re the name - The Gravity Burner!:)

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Aye Up,

Just a thought Keenedge - how long have you run the stove for - for the duration of the full contents of the bottle shown?

I'm wondering - if as the contents of the bottle are drawn through, isn't there a vacuum created which will subsequently hold the remaining contents back and cause the stove to go out?

If so, how about a small valve (i.e. bicycle inner tube) in the bottom of the bottle for R&D and then maybe a lower profile spring loaded press-to-vent type affair?

Re the name - The Gravity Burner!:)
hi bottle holder is vented works like a drip if you want more fuel just raise bottle a little higher

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Made a few self feeding bottles today just waiting on pressure nipples to get here I may make a few for people who want to make there own stove if there is any interest :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE