Seeds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
So what varieties of seeds have you bought/recommend for next season? ??
I'm after a plum type tomato for making sauces with....I think a friend has some Italian seed from his travels I may try...
Anything new anyone's trying??
I'm going for less eating toms next year as I just can't eat them in time and more cooking toms....I want to increase my strawberries as hardly got any really..
I'm looking forward to trying B'RS beans.... more dwarf french beans...and more salad crops in the greenhouse.
I think I'll have another go at the baby sweetcorn again .
Dave
P's dehydrators arriving for Christmas !

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
We had brilliant results with a yellow cherry tomato called sun baby.

VEG126.jpg

Heavy crops right through the season, sweet and juicy. Great flavour.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
+1 for the Sun baby didn't grow any this year but we have had great crops in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I am aiming for strawberries, blackberries, potatoes, carrots, beans, tomatoes plus a variety of herbs. The new place has an almost south facing rear garden, so looking forward to all the sunshine we (won't) have :)

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Bob thank you for that I tend not to grow runner beans although I did grow trail of tears beans given to me by British Red. I grow dwarf french beans and this year I will be growing an Italian variety....The toms it's usually gardeners delight from seed or Alicante. ..dessere spuds and first early were arran pilot.
I'm going to grow more strawberries more sweet peas for cutting and my usual wizard field beans....carrots been okay this year parsnips are really sweet.
I will have a look see at sunbaby .
Ta d

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Based on what grew well this year, first earlies, sweet bell turnips, sweet corn, rocket, lettuce, radish, cucumber, beetroot, and cabbage, peas, runner and broad beans.celery and kale and spinach and swiss chard.pak choi.
Based on what didnt do too well, but I hope will in deep beds, parsnips (hoping to get some of Reds seeds) carrots celeriac and asparagus
also trying some new crops, borlotyi beans and salsify.and butternut squash.
oh and tomatoes.
I think thats it.........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE