Dutch Brown Beans - Open Pollinated and Rare

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have been seeking a tasty, open pollinated (breeds true) small bean for some time. The sort of thing to use in Baked Beans, Chilli con Carne and lots of Italian dishes.

Many of you may have read the "epic tale" of the perfect baked bean recipe thats on here somewhere.

From this

Dutch Brown Bush Beans by British Red, on Flickr

to this

Cooked Dutch Brown Baked Beans by British Red, on Flickr

This really is a great bean, cooks well fresh or dried, crops prolifically and tastes great.

I don't believe this bean is available in the UK - certainly it isn't as a UK sourced, open pollinated seed. But I have a few to spare and like to pass on the more interesting things we find successful.

I will pack some of these up in packs of 50 seeds with full instructions and would like £3.50 a pack including UK delivery and fees via paypal if anyone is interested.

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi guys - I think I have pm'd you all with the relevant details - please let me know if you haven't got them as the PM system keep reporting "503 error backend fetch error" to me.

I don't know what kind of dog Tony has that fetches with its back end :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
its'a big dog mate, still playing up?

I need beans as well, Shelly might not be enthused at me dropping more on her but we'll see, I might have to contribute to gardening duty :D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Righto - I have packed up the seeds for the four of you who sent addresses last night / this morning and will walk them over to the postbox in a bit (and scrounge coffee from the neighbour who keeps a pot on the go) :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE