Second knife ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Prompted by Dave Barker's post, I'm interested to know if anyone carries a second knife when they're out and about.

I have a woodlore knife that I'm very happy with, but consider it much too bulky for fine carving, whittling and repairs. I imaging field archers must need something small for repairing fletchings for example.

I'm working on ideas for a small fixed blade. No more than 2" blade length and maybe 1/2" edge to spine as my first home made knife. I think a hidden tang design would be very appropriate.

Cheers,

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Alick,

Have you seen the Bark River Mini Canadian knife, I bought one with bright Orange G10 handle and it is made from A2 carbon steel and has a convex edge.

SgtMike%20Mini%20Canadian.jpg

I borrowed this shot from SgtMike88ret from the TLT forum

It's about 6.5" long with a 2.5" blade if I'm correct and comes with an leather pouch sheath.

Also available with an Green or Black Micarta grip or an Bone (stag like) handle.
SgtMike%20Bark%20River%20Mini%20Canadian.jpg

Again borrowed this shot from SgtMike88ret from the TLT forum

Size compared to Spork:

SgtMike%20Mini%20Canadian%20IV.jpg

last beautiful shot borrowed from SgtMike88ret from the TLT forum

Best Scouting wishes,

Bagheera

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE