Seasoning Cast Iron (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
They must be a pleasure to use. I love the shine on the skillet. That is exactly what Hannibal would have been talking about. Have you ever cooked liver in it?

:naughty:
Indeed!

This 1700s piece still cooks well

1268693494_d90c681b0a.jpg

This old skillet has that lovely silky finish!

Skillet 1 by British Red, on Flickr

Red

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for sharing Red, you've just reminded me how much i miss my old fully seasoned cast iron wok, just been scowling at my non stick version in comparison

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thanks for sharing Red, you've just reminded me how much i miss my old fully seasoned cast iron wok, just been scowling at my non stick version in comparison

Mine was the traditional hammered steel. Also fully seasoned. I miss it as well.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'm gonna pop down to Chinatown (please understand there is not a racist bone in my body and that calling Chinatown Chinatown is not racists, my favourite niece is half Chinese and half Geordie and my sister is married to a Chinese man who is one of my best buddies) at some point this week and grab a traditional one see if i can get it grafting on my fancy new cooker hob

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'm gonna pop down to Chinatown (please understand there is not a racist bone in my body and that calling Chinatown Chinatown is not racists, my favourite niece is half Chinese.....

I hope your other nieces and their parents aren't regular readers here on the forum. I expect you'll be in more trouble with them when they learn they're not your favorites. :D

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
The rest are horrible little rat children and they know it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE