Seasonal sitings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
When I took the mutt out for his evening stroll yesterday, a bat was whizzing around me. There may have been more than one but it was getting too dark to keep track.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Spring is definitely marching on - this is the first year we've not had sheep getting in the wood and the difference is astounding - wood anemones and wood sorrel everywhere, lesser celandines, common violet, greater stitchwort and even early bluebells.

Also saw my first pied flycatcher of the year :)

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Im sure I'm late to the party on this but I heard my first cuckoo on Saturday. I'm seeing loads of bunnies this year, not so many red kites as usual. The vetch has been flowering for a couple of weeks now, which is great as its a lovely snack.

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
The bee eaters & Hoopoes have arrived so looks like the identifiable (for me) summer visitors are all present & accounted for. It's definately feeling summery now with most of the trees leafed up & the mercury tickling the 30° C.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

bearbait

Saw a young hare hopping along in the road two days ago. And some Swifts seem to have arrived back a day or so ago, screaming around the place. Also the Red Kites are making a lot more noise than normal. Yellow Archangel starting to make a showing in the woodland. And the leaves of the orchids are showing.

Reactions: nigelp

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
For some reason bramblings are fairly numerous here in the south this year. Changes a lot from year to year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE