Seasonal critters

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Saw this year's first squirrel while I was out on my favourite walk today, just thought it was worth a mention :)

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Down here they've been active throughout the hard weather and heavy snow. It was delight to watch them scampering through powder-coated trees as the only critter that was on the move.

Cheers

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You can't go out without seeing dozens of the things around here. They've already started biting off the trees buds.

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
I was out this afternoon for a walk down by my local river and saw two reds out. They were charging up and down trees, looking very wide awake and very fluffy.

Reds aren't usually active in the winter, they don't completely hibernate, but its pretty close. They only wake up very occasionally for food and a bit of fresh air (bit like me then :rolleyes:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Reds aren't usually active in the winter, they don't completely hibernate, but its pretty close. They only wake up very occasionally for food and a bit of fresh air (bit like me then :rolleyes:)

Yep, me too :D
Haven't seen any Reds yet this year, but the greys are really active. Breeding too I reckon, watched the chase through the treetops recently, five of them following some aerial obstacle course :D

cheers,
Toddy

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Shot my first grey squizza of the season yesterday as he was trying to steal from the bird feeder. He didn't see that one coming;)

Now for a recipe for him...Probably just in a pitta with some plum relish. mmmm

Damn them greys to the casserole dish :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE