Scottish borders wild camping: advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Im in the Scottish border's unfortunately right on the south east coast,so mainly do coastal camp's though there is woodland just a few miles inland, im assuming your talking about west side of country?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I lived in the Scottish borders on and off for many years, near Innerleithen and Peebles, lots of hill country and Forestry Commission plantations, there are some nice woods, most seem to be on private estates. Have a scan through Google Maps in the area you are thinking about and you are bound to find something that'll suit.

Thierry

Sep 14, 2012
Cheshire
Hi Greensurfingbear,

Thank you for the link. Am living In cheshire, never been there, but been told the forests are nice. want to go, but dunnow where I could find a forest with some nice clearings, a water source and the likes. Where would you suggest?
Thx.

Thierry

Sep 14, 2012
Cheshire
Thx for the advice, sandbender,
Unfortunately, the google thingie doesnt show where the nice spots are, nor where one can find a stream to camp noit too far, nor one can really spend a couple fo nights. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thx.

Thierry

Sep 14, 2012
Cheshire
HI andybysea, nice of you to answer this.

Not knowing the area at all, I am left but wondering where to go.....

Thx for any info...

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
Bing maps has OS mapping which will show you most water sources and importantly the topography. I would suggest looking for a decent walking path that goes through woodland so you know there is easy access then look ofr spots a bit off the path that fit your criteria using google maps and bing maps based on OS map and satellite data.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aye Wooplaw is a cracker and the folks passing through seem nice enough. To be honest the best bet is to just go explore. I live in Renfrewshire and am blown away by the sheer volume of places I see that would make nice camping spots :)

Orric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE