Scotland again....Many many many pics!!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
As some of you may have gathered, I spend every free holiday in the Highlands, planning to move there...

We are a little closer, but that's all I'm saying.

Here are a few pics of The Cairngorms and Skye. I drove from the North of Skye to Glasgow and saw no clouds. How often can you say that?

Any, less waffle, more pics:

What else needs saying?

Always wanting to go further

Taking a while to melt and the dogs going loopy as they love snow:

Cairngorm:

Firm grip, stops kisses.

Channory Point lighthouse, Black Isle:

Cold as you like but doesn't stop him:

Great day with friends at Dunvegan Castle:

Future Highland Stalker?

Rare clear view of Black Cuillins:

Knoydart from Skye:

Stopped on a beach for a picnic near Mallaig:

Kids and dogs happy:

Someone was making the most of the weather:

Glenfinnan

Ben Nevis - note NO CLOUDS!!!

My friend, meet him when we pass, telling him - forcefully - that he's had all my oatcakes by this stage:

Then him sulking

and showing off:

One of his hinds snuck in for an oat cake though:

Not a lot of Bushcraft this time, but I did finally get to stop at Tamarack and peel open the wallet on the way home. I was rewarded with some nice Stormy Cromer stuff and a well needed cup of tea!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great trip! Love the snowy river photo! :)

Got to love Tamarack too, had my first shop there not long ago- great shop and great folk too! :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Looks lovely Rich. Good luck with the move :) We looked at it very seriously - but I confess in the end, I just couldn't take the hatred and and English sentiment - some really very intolerant folk in some areas so choose carefully!

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Looks lovely Rich. Good luck with the move :) We looked at it very seriously - but I confess in the end, I just couldn't take the hatred and and English sentiment - some really very intolerant folk in some areas so choose carefully!

Aberdeenshire is out for that very reason. My wife was verbally offered the job but when the senior manager became involved, the paperwork never arrived!

This has been 20 years in the making. So we should have ironed out the problems. Being Welsh helps a little...

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
This has been 20 years in the making. So we should have ironed out the problems. Being Welsh helps a little...

We thought so with me being a real mongrel and my wife born and raised in Scotland. It didn't prove to be so sadly, we saw some beautiful homes though, so we'll cross our fingers for you that you find a happy little area that welcomes you all :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great pics Rich, thanks for sharing them

Love the Mallaig shots, nice to see the colour of the water against the white sands, it was fairly grey and miserable when we were there in summer.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Can't remember that. I'd go anywhere quiet and rural given the chance, but this is my first choice. Catherine is German then French, but is English first. Hence my nice holidays planned for later this year.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Lots of English accents in Skye, Ullapool etc.

SCR, that doesn't make the prejudice less real. My post was simply to point out our experiences. If Rich finds an area he likes, thats great and I'm happy. The prejudice is simply a factor to be aware of - which he clearly is - so thats fine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE