School's Out!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
my apologies if i interpreted "having to mark papers yesterday" as an indication of a whinge.

as for the talking to head etc. my kids are now 9 and 12, we have taken them every year, every year they are refused, even when i write "essays" of supporting information

they have near perfect attendance rarely off sick and never out of school for any other reason. believe it or not, my children enjoy school, we taught them from.. well forever, that education/learning is a privilege and is to be sought out, they are some of the most enthused learners you will meet. my daughter isnt the most academic in the world, but works and tries hard. my son is in the top 5% nationally in the gifted/talented thingy (soz, they recently changed the name, i cant recall it now). (wife and i are both post grad so remain life long learners ourselves)

dont begrudge you your pay, but you cant also begrudge people getting a little peeved when they have walked miles into work to ensure service continuity and then on a tea break see teachers bragging about their days in the woods and defending their right to do so because we did some marking yesterday

edit to add: best to ignore me today, ****ty mood, soz :(

Last edited:

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
On the radio today someone suggested the teachers and staff clear snow from their schools.
Hmmmm.

Well they are employed by the local Authorities and they do have Health and Safety duty of care responsibilities for their pupils and other employees.

It is also a good example on humility,discipline, health and fitness.

If they can clear their own snow at home when they are supposed to be working then why not clear the snow at school.

Once they have cleared the snow then they can have an in service day for good measure.

PS

I have been a Public servant for 32 years, worked 24/7 365 days shift system in all weathers, it has been a joy thats what I was paid for.

EVEN SANTA WORKS IN THE SNOW. HO HO HO

Phil

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE