Sawyer filter, looks too good to be true?

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Hi all, just checked out the Sawyer website and can't quite believe how good their lightweight personal water filter bottle is compared to all the others on the market, and is only £20-25 more. They seem to be in a league of their own!

http://sawyerwaterfilters.eu/filters/pointone/sp140

Wish I ordered the above over my drink-safe explorer canteen! Can these sawyer filters really last 1 million gallons??

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Come on now, behave with all these things. I'm already a breath away from living on the shed. What with f1 kettles, trousers, bill hooks, torches galore, response packs. Just about wangled a lifesaver bottle for tomorrow. Now this. I'll end up divorced.

touched by his noodly appendage

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I've been following these for a while on the various US websites, and they seem to be the real deal. Only major issue with them is don't let them freeze with water inside - makes a mess of al the fine filaments they use. It looks like they use the technology from kidney dialysis machines.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Come on now, behave with all these things. I'm already a breath away from living on the shed. What with f1 kettles, trousers, bill hooks, torches galore, response packs. Just about wangled a lifesaver bottle for tomorrow. Now this. I'll end up divorced.

touched by his noodly appendage

Well at least your not at the point where your staying up till 3am to bid on a pair of used wool hiking socks on ebay.

Thanks for the info Andy BB, I will have to get me one of these I think. Anyone know if they remove taste from water, because both my drink-safe explorer canteen that uses a ceramic filter and my MSR filter that uses hollow fiber filter technology never take bad taste out from water.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Been using the Squeeze version for most of this year

IMG_1545.jpg

Good points are, it's light, easy to carry, reasonably priced, long lasting, and as i'm still alive without any ill effect it seems it works.

Bad points are, the cap size doesn't fit the typical water bottles, bags split if squeezed to hard.

If i bought again i would buy the point zeroTWO system instead.
http://sawyerwaterfilters.eu/filters/pointzerotwo

As it's 0.02 micro filter pretty much means no matter where you go in the world your water is safe from anything except chemical pollution.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
No no adapters unfortunately Andy.

They say in their blurb that water bottle screw directly on, i've tried as many as i can find and i've not found 1 that fit yet :(

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
No no adapters unfortunately Andy.

They say in their blurb that water bottle screw directly on, i've tried as many as i can find and i've not found 1 that fit yet :(

Not a plastic bottle but have you tried the Evernew bladders? I've read these do screw straight on and are a very good fit

I can't find them in stock anywhere though so can't confirm if this is the case

Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE