Saw blade sheath - ideas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

davidpingu

Forager
Nov 3, 2012
Cwmbran
Hi all, looking for some inspiration on how to sheath a 23inch bahco saw blade I recently bought.
The idea is to carry it out and make its handle in the field. At the moment it gets carried in the cardboard sleeve it was delivered in but as the top pokes out of the lk35 pack I use, the first time it rains it will be useless.
I could do with some sort of sheath that can be fastened to the external frame of my pack.
I don't currently have much in the way of spare materials other than possibly some G1000 fabric cutoff the bottoms of my Fjallraven trousers if that could be made to work? Open to other ideas though as I can always buy something more suitable.
One other thing is I've never stitched anything so it's a beginners project that is hopefully a good way to get in to doing a bit more craft.

Dave

davidpingu

Forager
Nov 3, 2012
Cwmbran
I tried the billy thing but it's so tensioned get it in there it looks like it'll have my arm off when it comes to taking it out! Lol
Will try the conduit idea perhaps. Not quite traditional like I was thinking but probably the most common sense approach!

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
Not sure how practical it is but I had a mate (who I have not seen for a long time and may in fact be dead having cut himself in two) who used to carry a 15" blade inside his leather belt and swore blind he could easily forget it was there.

DB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE