sausages

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
A TerryP fan!!!! :-D :-D

EdS said:
"If you've got a big enough mincer you can make sausages out of anything" CMOT Dibbler

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I think Lakeland do one in their catalogue.
SWMBO was thinking of getting one :roll:

Let me know what you think if you get one

Cheers

Mark

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
EdS said:
anyone know where you can get small sausage making machines?

"If you've got a big enough mincer you can make sausages out of anything" CMOT Dibbler

[voice="Larry_the_Lamb"]Oh, Mr Mayor! Fritz has fallen into the sausage machne, and now he's been turned into sauauauauausagesss!!![/voice]

If you can't find a small machine, you could get away with just a funnel and a push stick (wooden spoon handle).

Keith.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Terry P = Terry Pratchett. Author of the highly successful "Discworld" series of book. Really funny.

Roving Rich said:
Terry P Urrr You've lost me here guys :?:
Rich

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Right Pterry now, Yeh i liked Mort, but Truckers bored me to tears.
Good call on the mortar injector! Ideal for small batches of sausages.
So its the intestine for the outer right? can Deer intestine be used? cos i haven't come across any wild boar yet!
Rich

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
give nothern tool and equipment co (uk) ltd
a call for a cataogue they have 2 or 3 hand one's and one electric
one also have a nice burger press tel 0800 169 22 66 they have a web page but it seems to be having trouble www.notherntooluk.com :-D

Sainthaze

Banned
Jan 24, 2004
There's absolutely no need to purchase a sausage stuffing machine.... don't waste your dosh on it.

All you need is a cake icing bag (borrow your Mum's or your Grandma's) cut the end off to the appropriate size of sausage you want. Get some pigs or sheeps intestines. gather the intestines up and shove it on the nozzle end of the icing bag.

Now make your sausage meat and stuff it in the bag and give it a good squeeze, making sure you give the intestines a gentle pull, guiding the sausage into your hand. When you have a suitable length of sausage in your hand, or have used up all of your sausage meat, then cut the end off.

The sausage now needs to be sectioned into sausage lengths. This is done by twisting the sausage every three inches or so and then cutting them off. Of course you could always keep your sausage in one long length and coil it into the pan when you cook it.

Yum!

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
george said:
Screwfix do a really good plastic pointing gun that works just fine. You need to do a bit of work with the nozzle but its as good as some of the sausage makers three times the price!

Boggle!!! Fantastic idea!

My kit came from Ascott Smallholdings - http://www.ascott-shop.co.uk/
More costly, but an excellent way of dealing with large quantities of meat - which, quite frankly, is the only way to go about doing this. Mincing by hand is therapeutic, too.

Which reminds me - high time I made some white pudding.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE