SAS smock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Hi all, looking for some info really, have picked up an odity off ebay and wondered if anyone knows anything about it?

its a regular SAS smock in appearance, absolutely identical in all respects apart from a few of things...

No ffd pocket on right arm
poachers pockets not so deep
gromets around drawcord holes in hood
very heavy material like the para smock instead of the lightweight garbadine, still cotton, but in an oxford weave not twill as with sas smocks.
colour has also faded like the para smocks do
inside left pocket has a 'makers label' says...'John Mcbride sports, Lisburn'

the previous owner has told me it was their smock while serving in Germany in the early 90s and has their scorpion patch still on it. it's absolutely bombproof build, feels more like a para smock, but designed like a sas smock instead, very heavy.

what i'd like to know is how comon these were, i've never seen one and presmue it's a private purchase, a bit like SASS are now, can't find any internet return on the makers name. just wondered if anyone else heard of or used them,

just interested really, oh, also no rank tabs.

cheers all
Rob

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
cheers Nat, must be on the rare side, ex army friend of mine didn't have a lot to say about it, and yours was the only reply so thinking its gotta be rare.
takes absolutely forever to dry out so maybe not ideal for the moister days out, but it's uber comfy, very soft and roomy. will keep it for shooting and similar.

cheers mate.
Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE