SAS Desert

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Well I watched it last night, thought it was going to be about those people who join up and then run away, must have pronounced it wrong :oops:

Anyway it seems the same formula as the others, and I guess they'll be working on the next series, probably SAS Arctic? So I got thinking further and just wondered where they might go with this formula, see whether you can add to these:

SAS CELEBRITY: ARE YOU GRUFF ENOUGH?
Can you growl at volunteers and give out beastings, yet still show your warm caring nature when required?

SAS TAILORING: IS THIS CUFF ENOUGH?
Can you make your own kit?

SAS INCOMPETENCE: ARE YOU DUFF ENOUGH?

SAS MODELLING: ARE YOU BUFF ENOUGH?

SAS BERGENS: HAVE YOU GOT ENOUGH STUFF?

SAS DESSERT: FANCY A CREAM PUFF?

SAS CRUDITY: ARE YOU ROUGH ENOUGH?

SAS EXHAUSTION: HAVE YOU RUN OUT OF PUFF?

SAS TV: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?

and then of course there a few more handbooks waiting to be published (inspired by reading the books of Andy McNab, Chris Ryan and a whole host of others)

The SAS Personal Finance Survival handbook
It can be hard getting insurance if you're a special forces soldier. Learn how to select the best policies. With a new, updated chapter on investing the royalties from your latest book

and of course:
The SAS Relationships Survival Handbook
It can be hard sustaining a relationship when you're a special forces soldier. Learn how to find a new fit girl in Hereford when you come back from those long tours and find the house empty and cold

Ok I'll stop now, copyright might apply :lol:

Justin
I was working on one for muff but the potential for double entendre was too risky for a family site....

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I'm very nearly positive that the "personal finance" one (or something similar) has been done. I vaguely remember seeing something in a bargain bin with a title not a million miles off that.

Nick in Belfast

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Nick
I think there was a spoof called "Who cares who wins", might have been what inspired me..

and another
SAS FASHION: ARE YOU SCRUFF ENOUGH?

Now I'm worried that I'll be woken during the night as black-clad men crash through my windows wondering how I learned these state secrets :shock:

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Read "Who Cares...." laugh out loud stuff in parts.
This was something different, looked like a loose leaf binder called something like "SAS principles in business". I suppose it might have been a dream.

Mek!

mercury

Forager
Jan 27, 2004
East Yorkshire England
SAS "are you tough enough" childbirth special

Bit worried that they made so much of doing a combat fitness test in the desert, I'm sure there are blokes out in Iraq doing them every other day

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
On a serious note, I'd love to watch a show on Mobility ("SAS are you mental enough?" :-D) See some pinkies being put through their paces!!!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
SAS are you buff enough?
have you noticed each series starts by everyone getting their kit off?

seems a bit pervy to me, why not just save the time and give them the army outfits? :roll:

seriously, do we really need to know how to get dehydrated when any sane person including soldiers would do the heavy excersice overnight?

will this encourage people to run about in dangerously hot conditions? possibly. :-?

if they are going to show something useful, show how to save energy and conserve yourself rather than just how to get away with it! :-x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE