Sardines nailed to wood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rich D

Forager
Jan 2, 2014
Nottingham
Caught this on the TV the other day and though I've got to try this. Anyone done something similar?
p02ffpzj.jpg

Link can be found here http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/barbecued_sardines_27707

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Never done it myself, but I spent some time on my boat in Southern Portugal and in August they have the "Sardine Festival."
I've seen Sardines laid out on wood being grilled in a similar fashion. In fact I think they cook them about every way imaginable at the festival. Cold Sardine soup anyone? :yuck: ;)

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
Pan-fried them after purchase at Mediterranean markets - quicker than with that cold block of wood...
In Scotland I mostly grill the wild trout or char on a rock by the fire/box = delicious!

Rich D

Forager
Jan 2, 2014
Nottingham
more worryingly the guy on the left looks like he's drinking beer out of a wine glass. Shame as the planked salmon looks awesome, but if that's beer then that post has lost all credibility.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE