Santa Claus is comeing to town and he's bringing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 15, 2005
wantage
One of these :

golokpotong1it.jpg

Not bad for about £40 quid with delivery from t'other side of world :D

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
redcollective said:
Is that design on the sheath a parrot?

To be honest mate - i have no idea. I'm still waiting. It does have a certain stylised, inca - ry (just made that up) look to it.. When the little beaut arrives i will takes some close up's, and we can all decide what species she is :D But there is a certain rustic charm to it...

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
A potong golok, good choice, they are great tools.

Take care, they come frightening sharpened by my friend Wandi, and the tip will not like hitting rocks.

Take care when unsheathing that no finger is in the middle, and when using it the first time you do machete work with it, that it will go straight through most stuff that stops a much longer machete, by a large margin, so cut away from you, extending the arm, not closing it... The most efficient movement is using the arm like the blade is at the end of a fan rotor, or pullling it when it hits...

They are quality blades, differencialy tempered in clay, and made of only noble materials, water bufallo horn and ironwood, spring steel, and one takes ten to 11 hours of unpowered workmanship to make.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Cheers JM, i will take extra care with this baby. I do intend to use it, but i certainly don't want to damage it, or myself in the process (possibly in that order)..

It would be a good idea to spend the time waiting for the blade in reading and re-reading the safety article..
safety

One day the mythical draw cut will happen with one of these, and when it does and the blade sails through the sapling without slowing - you'll be pleased that you spent the time and no body parts are removed....

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
Hahah, Martyn got one too ;-)

Same remark than JIm, looks terribly slippery, but is not.

I whish you fun, and take care, these are a great little (euh I say little, because it is one of the smallest goloks) blade.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE