Sandwood Bay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I can let you know in about a month when I return from the CWT, I've planned a day off at Sandwood so we could check out the bothy. We're having the last night at Kearvaig which looks beautiful too.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
There is a small piece about the walk from Cape Wrath light house to Sandwood bay via the nearby bothy in the latest series of Coast on iplayer.

There is also some useful information in the outdoors station podcast about the trail including this section. Not sure which episode number, but you should be able to find it on their site.

Julia

Modchop

Oct 17, 2013
Shropshire
It'd be worth getting hold of a copy of 'Extreme Sleeps' by Phoebe Smith as there's a chapter in the book about the area. It's no guide book but it will certainly give you a feel for the place.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I haven't been in Sandwood Bay for close on 30 years but will rectify that next month - I will be doing a bit of stravaiging around Scotland for a few weeks. The Bay is one of those magic places that no-one talks about too much in case it starts getting popular :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE