Samurai sword advice........

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Ive just come across a set of 3 curved bladed samurai swords in the loft with a stand!
A katana,a Wakazashi and a tanto.

What the hell should i do with them???

Advice appreciated.

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Depends on the quality. If they're showpieces you can look at them. If they're real you can chop stuff with it:)

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Join? It'd be worth it just to know. I've seen a few people do it. Or send me. A photo and I can put one up. Can't field questions tho'

Chances are they're souvenirs. But you never know.

I'll put a photo up on here tommorow when its light.
They are definatley show pieces as the edges are quite blunt.I cant display at home as 'the wife' hates them:D
Probably i'l sell them but was unsure if it was allowed.....

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Ive edited my first post as they are curved blades and the sheath is snakeskin effect not the handles .The makers mark is 'ancient warrior'.

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
If they are what they sound like, they're the sort of Chinese-made things that rather odd unmarried men display on their mantelpiece, under an Airfix M-16 and next to a book-case groaning with paperbacks about the SAS and mass-murderers.

You might get thirty quid for them down the car boot sale. Sorry.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
If they are what they sound like, they're the sort of Chinese-made things that rather odd unmarried men display on their mantelpiece, under an Airfix M-16 and next to a book-case groaning with paperbacks about the SAS and mass-murderers.

You might get thirty quid for them down the car boot sale. Sorry.

Every unmarried man on the forum is now doing a furtive stock check. That is if they're not still living with mum. :p

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Be very careful when cutting air/swinging ornamental katana with any force.

Even those with a full tang have a tendency to snap at the habaki (collar) in front of the tsuba (guard) as they are usually die cast.

Liam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE