Sami styleish.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
Very nice work. Great sheath!
Topnotch on my behalf.

Allthough i do find the transition from handle to blade on the back of the blade to be off. I would have preferred it to go stepless from handle to blade.
Don't know if i have written my thoughts correctly down, so please ask if you have any doubt about what i mean.
Great looking nonetheless.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
knifepics003.jpg

think this'll work:)

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I love the knife :D
I can see what DKW is saying about the transition from blade to handle. I have never had the nerve yet to go that far

The sheath is a good attempt but the shape could flow better to match the blade or handle shape.
I also prefer pictures to links:eek:

knifepics005.jpg

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
I love the knife :D
I can see what DKW is saying about the transition from blade to handle. I have never had the nerve yet to go that far
No need to be nervous.
I usually use sandblastingtape wrapped a couple of times around the blade right up to the frontpart (don't know the english name for it. In DK its known as "frontHolk") of the handle.
(Here its the brasspiece)
I have never managed to scratch the blade, not even while using coarser tools, as the sandblasting tape is very soft and sort of budges the tools much like our own skin would do.

I have made a knife where the entire frontpart of the handle was sloped inwards and then flattening out in a almost paperthin surface over the last 1½ mm or so, just by applying tape to the blade itself to protect it.

Go for it i'd say, and if you scratch it, a piece of 2000 grain wetsandingpaper will do the trick, if followed up by a bit of polishing. ;)

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
No need to be nervous.
I usually use sandblastingtape wrapped a couple of times around the blade right up to the frontpart (don't know the english name for it. In DK its known as "frontHolk") of the handle.
(Here its the brasspiece)
I have never managed to scratch the blade, not even while using coarser tools, as the sandblasting tape is very soft and sort of budges the tools much like our own skin would do.

The Frontholk is a bolster and it was a concern about taking bolster down small enough to be inline with the blade not damaging the blade I have made about 9 knives so far

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
The Frontholk is a bolster and it was a concern about taking bolster down small enough to be inline with the blade not damaging the blade I have made about 9 knives so far
Bolster. Thanks. Just didn't remember the word.

hm. Why would you have concerns doing that, if it wasn't for the blade?
Just curious, there could be something i never thought of before.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
hm. Why would you have concerns doing that, if it wasn't for the blade?
Just curious, there could be something i never thought of before.

The worry is that I remove so much of the bolster thatI expose parts of the tang

Look HERE to one my knives

by the way have looked on British Blades at the scandi blades section.

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
The worry is that I remove so much of the bolster thatI expose parts of the tang

Look HERE to one my knives

by the way have looked on British Blades at the scandi blades section.

Ah.. I suppose it could happen, but then the tang would have to be set at same height as the back of the blade. Wich at least in my eyes makes very little sense, unless its a fulltang, and then it just makes even less sense. (To me at least)
Depends on the blades tang then.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE